Lining Paper in a kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cant find washable paper suitable for my kitchen so was thinking about just putting lining paper up and painting it. Will this cause any problems with steam and condensation etc? Or should I keep looking for washable paper? Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can use lining paper but in the kitchen it would be wise to use an acrylic eggshell paint on it to avoid problems caused by steam, condensation etc. Thin the first coat down a little though.

There's a host of washables out there even a Kitchen & Bathroom range, where have tried so far.

Dec

Thanks. Just cant see a design I like, hopefully my lining paper will be ok, am hoping that if I go for kitchen/bathroom paint it will be ok?

Sponsored Links
That will be fine just don't forget to thin your first coat a little.

Dec

Been working in a house this week doing the hall, stairs and landing, and on the first day I had a gander at the kitchen which I lined and emulsioned with Leyland trade vinyl matt four years ago, it looks fine with no problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back