linking 2 panels together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a menvier ts790+ house alarm and have recently installed a galaxy 504 panel for an external building. I'd like to connect the menvier to the galaxy so when I set the menvier, it'll set the galaxy if it isn't set already. I know this can be done with the relay output on the menvier panel into a zone on the galaxy, but the zones on the galaxy have to be wired EOL. So how would I do this?

Also, I'd like the menvier to chime and show a warning on the keypad display if the galaxy is in alarm, has the galaxy got a relay output like the menvier has?

Sponsored Links
Fit a relay , you would have been better fitting an alarm with flexible area set like a Texecom premier

Fit two 1k resistors to the relay contact one in series and the other across. The Galaxy in the garage could run the whole show with its groups. Anyway, a relay will do it. The Galaxy has outputs that can be programmed to send an intruder output back to the house panel zone - probably another relay to give clean outputs for the house panels zone.

Thanks GalaxyGuy, that worked. Whats the minimum impedance for the loudspeaker output on the 504? I've got an 8 ohm internal speaker here that i'd like to connect up to the panel but not sure if the output is able to drive 8 ohm speakers

Sponsored Links
Great. The zone setup as keyswitch on the galaxy seems to have gone into tamper after exiting engineers mode, any idea why?

Thanks.

You don't have resistors correct on relay contacts. Use Display->zones and press # to see resistance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back