galaxy vs texecom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Sorry for the long post ahead.

In my house I have a menvier ts790+ house alarm for the house and garage. I also have a galaxy 504 for an external building.
I fitted the menvier 6 years ago and fitted the galaxy 1 year ago.

I did this because I wanted separate alarms for both buildings. However, I want to swap out both panels and replace them with either a newer galaxy or a texecom premier elite 48.

I will want 3 areas (house, garage, external building) and I want the area for the external building to be completely independant from the house area and garage area.
The house and garage will be the only areas that trigger the bellbox and I want the internal speaker in the house to give a warning tone if the external building is in alarm.

If the external building is in alarm, there needs to be an output just for the sounder in that area and I want the keypad to only work for that area, whereas house and garage keypads have full access rights to all areas.
A full set option would also be needed to set all areas at once, or whichever areas aren't set.

A GSM/IP module would be nice too.

So which panel would be best?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you want to go down the GSM SMS route, the Texecom may be preferable. If you want to go down the IP route, then Galaxy is better.

Sponsored Links
Texecom premier will do everything you require. I don't have any experience with Galaxy but I'm sure they would do too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back