Linking gas central heating to a rayburn soild fuel boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all DIY Sages,
i have a dilema that you may be able to advise on, i am looing at running my hot water and heating from a solid fuel Rayburn for next winter, but having the Gas central heating as a back up, the problem is not linking the 2 up but what system to incrporate the 2 i have been advised by a salesman to go for the Dunsley Baker Neutralizer, and another telling me to use a Gledhill Torrent Heat storage. Is there anybody out there with experience with either of these systems that could shed some light on which is best to use.
many Thanks
DIY basher

Sponsored Links
installers will want to sell you whichever they have experience in installing.
One isnt necessarily better then the other.
Is the heat output from the rayburn going to be sufficient to heat the house alone?
Dont forget heatoutput is often based on burning coal based fuel not wood!

The rayburn is design to heat upto 8-10 radiators, that should be sufficient to heat the house. The solid fuel will be both wood and coal so i am aware of the heat out put difference that both can give out. The Dunsley neutralizer has a reputation of not doing the job its supposed to do, however the Gledhill torrent has a reputation of having lots of teething problems plus its a hell of a lot more expensive and you can only get the parts from them!
Its a dilemma that i think may have to be settled by what i can afford.

thanks any way Cider
Rgds
DIY basher

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back