Lino Adhesive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which adhesive would I need to fit a lino flooring. It will be lino roll.

A fitter once installed it in my kitchen and used a spray can. What would that stuff be and any ideas where to get it? Would B&Q or wickes stock such items?

Sponsored Links
Firstly I assume you mean "cushionfloor" or "vinylfloor" ? - there is still a product called linoleum (lino) which is a totally different product.

...assuming you mean vinyl then you do not need to use any type of adhesive. It is normally loose laid, with maybe an odd piece of double sided tape or the odd squirt of spray adhesive.
The reason behind this is that by using any form of adhesive you will make changing the floor in the future a much more expensive proposition - adhesive residue is almost impossible to remove and can only be fixed by overscreeding (if concrete floor) or boarding (if wooden floor).
Spray adhesive for carpets must not be used on vinyl flooring but yes there is a specific spray adhesive suitable for vinyl (and no B&Q dont sell it!)

...best advice I can offer is do not use adhesive, if your vinyl is moving (usually down to poor fitting or rooms over 5m long) then use double sided tape.

Oh - if you really did mean lino then good luck that stuff is a nightmare to fit, most current fitters have lost the skill! (it is a product increasing in popularity due to it being a "green" product) - and it stiil does not need adhesive!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back