Lintel & cowboy trouble !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im renovating my backyard which some cowboy has turned into a conservatory but it is very damp with a wooden floor so the floor and walls has started to go mouldy and fall through, they have covered up all the vent bricks.

I have removed all the wood and plaster from the brick walls to discover the wall has been built like a game of jenga
http://sdrv.ms/1hNjPDx

after knocking more of the plaster off i noticed that the lintel is being held up with a brick followed by empty void the lintel is around 2 inch into the brickwork

http://sdrv.ms/17bUJfB

The chisel is the end of the lintel, the lintel on the other side of the wall is fine but alot older then the floating one... My actual goal is to knock down the wall as its a single brick wall in the middle of a room

Sponsored Links
Looking at your second picture, there must have been a brick (where there now isn't a brick) Are you sure you haven't dislodged it whilst removing the plaster?? ;) ;)

No, i checked that straight away, as soon as i noticed it was missing. I have been informed by a builder that the lintel should be at least 6 inch into the wall this one is only 2/3 inch.

How would i go about knocking the wall down?
the lintels are supporting 3 concrete slabs the old fashioned really heavy ones... I also noticed last night with all the rain i got that the roof is not even watertight and the rain travels down the brickwork it looks like its been sealed with expanding foam.

Sponsored Links
Are you asking how to take a conservatory down?

Opposite of building i.e. remove the roof, walls and anything else in between.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back