lintel or not to lintel

Sponsored Links
Dolphinboy, please tell me you're kidding me.
You dont fix lintels to walls, and the size depends on an AWFUL lot, span, single/double wall, first/second story etc etc.

woody

:LOL: easy job, go to the hire shop and hire for one day only a 9" stihl saw, no need for the dust mask and goggles throw those away. mark your hole with a suitable marker then proceed to cut with the saw. once you have a nice neat cut proceed with the sledge hammer, do the same to th opposite side, you now have a opening, fit a doorframe, lintel isnt required their just expensive comodities

;) joke ;)

Sponsored Links
pk1was said:

I was just beginning to turn beetroot and suck in air like "The Self Righteous Brothers" off Harry Enfield. :LOL:

OI! PK1WAS! NOOOOO!!!!

pk1was said:
:LOL: easy job, go to the hire shop and hire for one day only a 9" stihl saw, no need for the dust mask and goggles throw those away. mark your hole with a suitable marker then proceed to cut with the saw. once you have a nice neat cut proceed with the sledge hammer, do the same to th opposite side, you now have a opening, fit a doorframe, lintel isnt required their just expensive comodities

a remarkable amount of people believe this to be true without any prompting from pk1was

or maybe throw in a bit of 4" x 2" and thats waaaayyyy over the top!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back