Lintel replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a *very* rotten lintel above a 2m wide window which *used to* do the job of supporting the roof above with the rafters sitting on top of the lintel.

I think the lintel could be made smaller when being replaced but curious to know if there are any standards for lintel sizes that I might be able to use.

The rafters look to be 5 inch x 2 inch at 16 inch centres. the roof itself is Clay peg tile and is around at 35 degree pitch.

There is also good sized purlin that runs along the roof approximately 1/4 of the way up the roof from the eave.

Sorry for the slightly rough measurements and if it helps I can post again with exact sizes.

I'm basically looking for the dimensions/material for a new lintel.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Sponsored Links
You need to make sure that the lintel is at least 2300mm long so that you have 150mm of the lintel resting either side of the window opening on the brickwork.
From the info you gave i'm not sure what load its supporting but i quess a concrete lintel or catnic.....you can ring catnic technical dept and they are very helpful.
Sorry for being vague.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back