Little help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Was having problems with boiler firing as soon as power and also a whoosing banging noise

I have changed the programmer to a lp722 which seems have fixed the boiler comning on on its own

I have also fitted a new drayton MA1/679 valve which seems have stopped the whoosing and banging

Question is the small lever on the bottom of the valve should it be hanging down or clipped up? its up latched atm? seems to be just heating water any time heating is on stat on cylinder is set at 55 but its lot hotter than that

Also the boiler doesnt seem shut off when room stat says should i have taken the room stat off which is a drayton didgistat 1

On the wall plate red is in no1 , no2 is empty and 3 is yellow there is a blue wire tucked away i take it this is correct but are the other 2 right way round?

The boiler is a myson apollo 30b

Sponsored Links
The lever should not be on the latch that is for draining and re-filling the system.

The programmer probably didn't need replacing either it would have been the motorised valve which was giving you the problems.

HI,

I was going replace the programer anyhow the display had gone funny and you couldn't read it plus like being able set different days the old one was just 24hours

I unlatched the valve but the cylinder is still heating anyway i can test the stat on cylinder?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back