Live connectors on wall surface

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After stripping off the wallpapers in my living room I found these connectors on the wall surface:

View media item 46587
View media item 46586
Surprise, surprise, there are fasteners on the connectors that are live!

So I would appreciate to hear some suggestions what to do so it is safe and invisible. I am replacing those lamps (there's two of them) and painting the walls.

Nikola

Sponsored Links
Where are these connectors in relation to the light fittings?

I would dig the connectors out the wall crimp the wires and heat shrink then re chase in and plaster. That's If the floor above is inaccessible and you can't replace the whole length of cable.

Sponsored Links
I would dig the connectors out the wall crimp the wires and heat shrink then re chase in and plaster. That's If the floor above is inaccessible and you can't replace the whole length of cable.

Thanks for the suggestion! Although I have access to the floor above I just don't have time to replace the whole cable (have a deadline of sorts), so I think I'll stick with crimping them. However, who knows what I'll find when I dig out the connectors...
-N

If you are crimping them out, put the whole length of cable from the ceiling to the light including the joint in some oval conduit before you replaster the wall then the whole lot can be pulled without ruining your decorations etc out should the joint ever fail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back