Living Flame "Coals"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The coals on my living flame gas fire are no longer black. 2 questions, I see generic ones on the net are these OK for all fires (tend to come in bags of 10/15)?

Also is it OK to change these (Corgi rules etc) - we do have the fire serviced every year but thought I might just change these (they seem to just lift off).

No probs if they can't be changed will ask gas man at next service if he can get them, thought I may save a few bob if I'm allowed to do it myself!

Sponsored Links
To save a few more bob you can also get a large can (spray on) of special paint from the Q and B type sheds just for this purpose. Did mine 3 years ago, still ok.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the fire & type of coals, some are specific to the fire & even have to go in a certain order on the coal bed & as such will be marked A.B.C. etc. Other fires which use the square,ish type coals can be replaced with the ones you see on the net.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back