Loading on upstairs floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of installing a sauna in an upstairs bedroom and I've learnt it weighs 270kgs. Once you've got 2 people in it (say a total of another 180kgs) then this seems an awful lot of weight over an area of about 2 sq. metres.

Does anyone know if this will be alright, or if the floor would need strengthening?

The house is a "normal" (brick walls and tiled roof) house built about 15 years ago so the loading regs of that time (whatever they were) should apply.

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
no problem. Get 8 lads together and see if it falls down :LOL: I have a full gym with weights solarium etc in one of my rooms and its still standing! I did pick one of the small rooms tho with the smallest span between walls.
As long as it is not point loading over one joist and is spread across 4 or 5 then it will be o.k.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back