Locating shaver socket- does zone 1 extend past a stud wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just put a new bathroom in my house and want to have a shaver socket fitted.. the problem I have is that my shower plumbing is in the middle of the room inside a full height stud wall and the sink is on the other side of that - i.e. in distance terms the sink is in zone 1.

I know that zone 1 extends 60cm from a shower cubicle but I'm hoping that a 6" thick stud wall must effectively end zone 1. Does anyone know the regulation on this?

Shaversocket.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
I think you will find zone one is above the bath. Zone 2 starts from the baths edge and extends 600mm out. If there is a partition as in your diagram then zone 2 begins at the end of your stud partition wall.
Shaver sockets are allowed in zone 2 - so you can have it above the sink providing it is suitable, is permanently fixed and where direct spray is unlikely.

You will have to get Building Control involved though - this is notifiable work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back