Locating the Filling Loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday when I got home the boiler downstairs was flashing an error code saying it had low water pressure, after some research it seems I need to use the filling loop to top it up, but I can't see anything that fits the description apart from a flexible pipe under the smaller tank that connects to the main water supply - it only has a valve on the water pipe side, and when turned pours water straight down into a large white plastic pipe - but I have no idea if this even connects to the central heating system.
I also can't see any pressure gauges anywhere near the pipes.
The attached images is what's in the room, the labels on the second picture aren't very clear, from top to bottom they read, Cold water pipe, hot water pipe, pipes connected to central heating system.

Also the downstairs boiler is a FERROLI OPTIMAX HE 25S

Any help would be appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
I can't see a filling loop in those pics, so would have thought it was near the boiler, could be under sink, in/behind kitchen units etc.

looks something like;

Sponsored Links
Hadn't thought of looking downstairs, nothing under the sink, but thinking it could be underneath the boiler, though it's fitted in the corner, and has kitchen tiles built round it. Trying to (unsuccessfully so far) remove the casing from the boiler in the hopes it will give me access to the underneath.

That's the boiler that's not working.
Would the installers really have put the filling loop underneath it, behind those tiles??

I can see some flexible pipes down there, but have no way of accessing them short of removing the boiler or the tiles.

The type of people who tile in filling loops are joiners kitchen fitters and householders. Not usually boile installers, but anything is possible.

Cut down side of tiled boxing with sharp knife pull it away fill up, decide what you prefer finished tiling or utility, complete accordingly..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back