location of push panic buttons

Sponsored Links
whilst people may not bat an eye lid, I think it has 2 benefits: The intruder will panic by the alarm going off and the auto dialler will make the "panic" calls to ny selected contacts.

Sponsored Links
There is also the argument that noise on PA activation will panic the transgressor and violence will follow. (and has)

That is like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

so, is there a consensus on the use and location of PA buttons?

I am inclined to have one under the bed and one by the door...

Yep, one fixed to the wall at the head of the bed.. the other back from the front door where the heavy door chain is fitted.

The way the chain works is for it NOT to be connected to the door, when a caller arrives the chain is put on before opening the door, this shows whoever is there that you are security conscious........ and don't leave it on over night, it could stop someone breaking in legitimately because of a medical emergency etc

If it needs to be by the front door, I have a keypad here which includes a PA feature?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back