Lock out Firebird Super 50/82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone help please, I have a Firebird Super 50/82 I let the oil run out by mistake a couple of days ago and the light showed lockout .I have had oil delivered today and when i switched it back on the light was still on. I do not know what i should do to get the heating going again.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to bleed the oil supply!!

Do you have 1 or 2 pipe oil supply or a Tiger loop ??

Thanks, i dont know its a rented house and my husband is away and we are freezing.

press the lockout button once and the burner should start then go to lockout,repeat this process one more time.if you keep pressing the lockout you may damage the oil pump.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, there doent seem to be anything to press its just a light.

depends on burner,press the light it should reset.i think you have a riello rdb burner on it,only do this twice oil pumps on this burner do not like running dry :LOL:

Thanks but it seems pretty old and the lights are just bits of red plastic, i will have to call someone out to look at it.

The reset is inside the boiler at the bottom!

It's a grey box with a red disc on front!

Try pressing the red disc !!

Thanks, i have taken the front of the boiler and there isnt any thing to press , 2 red triangles that are screwed on,

Do you have the user instructions?
There will be a diagram showing you where it is !!

dont you hate the riello control box?
with the sitronic you can use the photo cell to draw the oil through using light ;)

1. open the front of the boiler
2. if there is a large metal box at the bottom , release the clip and remove the box.
3. you should now be able to see the glowing button, as said already only re set it twice , if it fails to stay on you will need a engineer.
GOOD LUCK

Thanks to all , now working thanks to a neighbour .He took the cover off inside and i realise that is where the red button was and sucked the oil thru Lovely and warm now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back