Lockshield Rad Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My upstairs bathroom radiator does not seem to get hot and is very luke warm at the top, took rad off, no blockage and no sludge present, flow pipe is very hot but return pipe is not hot at all, 10mm microbore system all other 9 rads work perfect.
I turned the flow on into a bucket (heating on pump running) water flowed as it should, but when I did the same to the return, I noticed the ballvalve barely opened, water dribbled out, the head of the valve however opened fully if this makes sense.

Is this a faulty valve? it is a non trv so does not have a pin, I am going to do a drain down in the spring any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have tried most things and answered your own question,Change the valve when you drain down, if you can live with it till then.

Sounds like the return does have a blockage. Turn all the other rads off and force the flow through this rad. A dose of fernox f3 wold help you out.

Sponsored Links
If you also tried the return with the pump running then you would probably just get a dribble test it with pump off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back