Lockshields

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can get quality lockshield valves from like the old type with seperate gland nut instead of the type with 'o' rings which they all seem to be now,the places I use,city plumbing and plumbs only do the latter,they tend to leak after a while and cant re-pack them like the old ones. :mad:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
'cos they don't do 15mm nut and olive feeds now - you have to use a bush or FI.
Oh blimey I hope not! I'm still running on existing stock of Belmonts - I don't mean to doubt you but I'll have to check that aaahhhht.

I like to use Peglar Terriers.
They're my second favourite, but I prefer the maintainability of the Belmonts, and that seemed to be what the OP was prioritising.

I have seen the Peglar book with the outline drawings - not a 15mm nut in site :(.

And my magic O-ring box only has a couple of the right sized O-rings left :cry:

Dan_Robinson said:
I have seen the Peglar book with the outline drawings - not a 15mm nut in site :(.
Er, are you thinking of the 'ordinary' external BSP threaded nut?

Because all my nut-n-olive Belmonts have the special Belmont internal sleeve - the pipe slides through this and then you put the olive on. So it's like a nut, but isn't interchangeable with other valves.

And my magic O-ring box only has a couple of the right sized O-rings left :cry:
I still have a box full, and I'm sure you can still order them.

Do you mean somethnig like this?

untitled.jpg

Then thems the ones they still do... here, but not in this style here

Which is what we all want them to do :(.

Dan_Robinson said:
Do you mean somethnig like this?
Yes, but that looks more like a sketch of a bush - the Belmont sleeve has an end that fits onto an olive.

Then thems the ones they still do...
I concur.

...but not in this style
Yup I know (or agree, or whatever).

...Which is what we all want them to do :(.
But surely the OP didn't need a conventional nut-n-olive - was he was not more concerned about the serviceability of the gland?

chr15 said:
Dan_Robinson said:
'

I like to use Peglar Terriers.

Thats the ones, Plumbs or cps dont do em but I think screwfix might-cheers danny boy :)

Chr15, Plumbs still list pegler terrier 2's or am I missing something :oops:

Bulldog are the same but plumbs own brand.

Try cat no 250350

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back