loft condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

Have an ex-council semi (probably 60s built) and have lots of condensation on the roof boards, looks like foil backed plasterboard, i can see some water droplets on them and one side is bad with mould, looking around i can't see anyway the loft could have been vented, at the eaves where the cavity has been closed the brick work is tight against the underside of the roof, looks like it has been all closed off with brickwork inbetween rafters. I have about 250mm of rockwool on between the floor joists. So what are my options here to get some air into the loft space:-

Install soft vents although i am not sure whether the sofit boards are asbestos, looks like a white cement board so installing soffit vents would be a no no. Over fascia venting? can you retro fit this?

Once venting at eaves is sorted whats the best way of getting the air into the loft? installing brick vents or drilling holes thro the brickwork to let air in.

Also plan to install some tile vents on both sides of roof to vent higher up.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back