loft confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sorry if this is long winded just need some help in a few areas as im converting loft due to my first baby on way,anyway here goes,my loft joists are going front to back of property as designed by arcitect and s/e putting 2 - 152x89 ub16 to steels to sit on disused chimmney in loft which has been took down to joist level to sit 20mm above existing plasterboard with other ends of steel on wallplate , all other floor joists are 147x75 c24 trebbling up trimmers for staircase where there is no loading wall etc, my query is where steel sits on wallplate i hav a a bay window 2.5m down from wallplate bay window being 2m wide it has a 250mm concrete lintel above bay,my arcitect says load of steel does not effect it as load is spread out, can any1 clarife on this as im unsure on this,thankyou for reading and any help is greatley appreciated,as ive paid s/e and arcitect and they never return calls

Sponsored Links
tommyloft, hi

Seems somewhat odd to me that the steel is resting on the timber wall plate, is this correct?

Yes steel shouldn't rest on a timber wall plate, sure you don't mean padstone. Anyway posting the drawings always helps.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back