Loft conversion false ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im at the stage now where I need to start thinking a bit more about the practicalities of running cables and lighting without effecting the insulation. Naturally I don't want to recess into celotex so was going to drop a false ceiling just under the apex.

Question - do I insulate with celotex right up to the ridge board and then drop short the flat bit across to hold the downlighting ? Should I stuff this void with rockwool etc ?

The roof is vented with breathable felt and dry ridge tiles

Sponsored Links
Why don't you want to recess the celotex by the 6mm of a T&E cable?

As it's only a max of 2.5 T&E, there's not a lot of celotex being cut out, so you're possible worrying more than necessary. You're not going to need to use Rockwool in the void If you insulate to the ridge, and it'll then be easier to put the downlighters in, and link them together.

Sorry dudes probably didn't explain that very well ... I was talking about recessing the downlights into the celotex if I celotex across the false ceiling bit

Sponsored Links
If you're thinkiing of insulating the flat bit, then the best way might be insulated plasterboard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back