Loft insulation on brick?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just a quick one....

How do I and what is the best method to fasten Foil faced bubble roll insulation to the brick / breeze side walls of a house?

I use a staple gun on the timber areas.... would i be better adding some batterns and then stapling? Hope thier is a quicker way than this tho...

Cheers...

Sponsored Links
Batten is the way to go. You talk like it's a weeks work, couple of hours at most, if you're slow,.

How soft/hard is the brickwork? Softish brick/blocks - tile battern (it's cheap enough) from the timber merchant (or B&Q), 3" or 4" cut nails (the big flat jobbies), club hammer - fix the battern to the wall with the nails, honest the batt will never move of loosen. Staple the insulation to the batts. Not convinced - use screws but it'll take 10 times longer! We use this method of fixing batts for dry-lineing and have been for 25 years, without any probs.

When you say "side wall of house" you don't mean outside do you???? or is this up in the loft?

Sorry, just noticed subject title .... duh!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back