Loft Insulation

D

Deleted2797112

Having finally wrestled the bathroom cabinet into submission and wall mounted a TV (which I'm very proud of!), I've turned my attention to the loft in my new house.

I need storage so I intend boarding out an area on loft legs. I've just stuck my head up there for a quick inspection and it has only 150mm of the itchy glass-fibre insulation at the moment so I need to top that up. I had got the vague impression that rolls of insulation were being supplied at rock-bottom prices to persuade us to save the planet. However, there don't seem to be many places offering bargains for small-ish quantities. Maybe they've all sold out. I need around 60m, 400mm wide.

Is this stuff from Wickes a decent buy or should I be looking elsewhere?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/space-blanket-150mm/invt/161206/

They have an offer going until end of tomorrow for free delivery, no minimum spend, even includes big and bulky so I thought I'd take advantage and get their loft boards.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying! My supplier doesn't. All the schemes I've seen from other suppliers only apply if you have less than (I think) 60mm and you have to have installers come and do it for you. I was thinking I'd rather DIY because then I can do the boarding out at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back