loft lighting issues. lights too dim.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

i've tryed to wire up my loft with bulkhead lighting units. i originally had one unit wired in and it worked ok but the 60w bulb wasn't giving out sufficient light. I put in 2 more units spread round the loft and now each light is very dim. is this because i have wired them in series, rather than in parallel? surely the mains can power 3 60w bulbs? any advise gratefully recieved.

Baz

Sponsored Links
Yes... you've answered your own question

go back and rewire them in parrallel :LOL:

is this because i have wired them in series, rather than in parallel?
yes it probably is.

I suggest you pop down to the library and get a book on DIY home electrics. or ask around for a good local electrician.

without being needlessly rude, I think your knowledge and understanding is so poor that you should not be doing this work.

Of course, if you changed them all to 80v bulbs then everything would work just lovely until one of the lamps goes! :LOL: *

*Don't actually do this.

Sponsored Links
wait a minute, how can you wire these in series? how would that work surely you can only take a 2c+e to each light right so would have to be paralell? :eek:

thanks for advise guys. back to the drawing board i think. time to look up some circuit diagrams, not just what i remember from school.

ta

baz

If you made a note of the wiring before you altered it, you could just revert to how it was before, then take a feed for the other light(s) from the same point as the first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back