Loft lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have hung two fluorescent fittings in the loft space by running 1.5 lighting cable from one to the second one what must I do now to power the lights up will I need a junction box

Sponsored Links
You have suspended two flu lights using cable?

I don't quite follow.....

i understand (i think)

the easiest way is to find the last light on the floor (that being the ceiling of the floor below, if you see what i mean) below and tap into this.

you will know which it is as it only has 2 cables (others will have 3)

let me know when you have found it, and also get some more cable and a light switch patress clips etc

I have found the last light on the floor (that being the ceiling of the floor what is the next step

Sponsored Links
similar to
lamps.gif

where on the drawing it says "to next light" that is where you connect the cable to your loft lights.

at a conveiniant point you put in a switch (cable goes in and out, from exisiting to new lights)
in the switch you connect the red to C (in) and L1, (out) also the earth to the earth termianl of the patress

then up to the first light

this light you connect it as normal

you then run a cable from the first light to the second and connect as normal

(i believe you have done this bit already)

at all places the earth should be covered with green/yellow sleaving

switch mains back on, and go into your loft press switch and admire your handywork, send me 80p, and do not step backwards as the loft hatch will still be open

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back