loft MOE window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi need some advice thanks
is there any minimum distance a roof window can be from the eaves? i was told off my building inspector that i could put another window in aslong as cill was no lower than 2`(600mm) from floor,but he never mentioned the distance to the eaves outside

Sponsored Links
I don't know if the rules is still the same, it was max 1.7m from the gutter level, your BCO will give you the correct details over the phone.

u know the minimum distance markie?
i knew the max was 1700mm

Sponsored Links
Just measured mine and I think it was 600mm minimum from the bottom of the velux cill to the floor level.

Just found it,

Height of window bottom edge from floor (to prevent falling but allow climbing out - 1100mm maximum, 900mm minimum (Dormers)), 600mm minimum (skylights).
Distance to roof edge - for rescue by ladder - 1700 mm maximum.

exit.gif

so going off that masona,the distance between cill and gutter is variable so aslong as it`s more than 600mm from floor its ok.
thanks to everyone,reliable as ever
cheers
mark

Yes that's right between 600mm - 1100mm from the floor level the way I'm reading it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back