loft tank overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, my cold water tank in the loft has been overflowing and I tried lifting the ball cock up slightly which initially stopped the water but it keeps getting stuck when the tank is filling up and a trickle of water continues to flow, eventually resulting in the water gushing out of the overflow again!anyone got any ideas?? would be much appreciated as I have a non diy hubby!!! thanks! :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
need a new ball valve..part 2.
r u going to fix it then ?

Water gushing out and hubby not doing anything. Need a new hubby and a plumber ! :confused:

JPC said:
need a new ball valve..part 2.
r u going to fix it then ?
:D thanx for your reply JPC!! :confused: so i need a ball valve? is that the round orange ball in the tank? can I unscrew it and do i take it to the diy store with me or are they all the same? or would i have to get a plumber? sorry with all these questions but i don't know what i'm doing!! hope you can help me JPC!! :oops:

Sponsored Links
one of these and the orange bit(float)
p1031886_l.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back