loft ventialtion, tile vents?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently got a new central heating fitted which in turn opened up some space in my loft that I use for my computers.

The main problem is the heat in the summer.

I'm looking for some ventilation ideas, I've seen vented tiles that have a ducting output fitted to them that I could fit an extractor fan too, I'm wondering would I be able to get them for my roof and how hard is it to fit.

here are some pictures as you can see the CH flue goes out of the roof, i'm looking for something similar.

View media item 425View media item 426
last pictures was taken from the velux window, was going to get a extractor fitted to the window but it is a bit to far away.

Thanks
Rezarf

Sponsored Links
Look for a different solution. A vent or two is going to help move some air around, but not make the room cooler

Vents are not going to make much difference to the heat build up. You need to insulate - to keep the heat out, and if you can't fit a couple of rooflights, then you will most likely need to use a cooling fan or aircon

its has good insulate just now and I'm finishing of the rest just now.

I'm just wanting to keep the air moving with some good ventilation as I have several computers running so I was hoping to fit some sort of extraction system to take the hot air out and something to bring fresh air in.

I been onto screw fix and seen some vent systems for roofs.

Rezarf

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back