long bath waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am moving my bathroom around and the waste from the bath will be about 5m from the stack i will have to surface mount the waste as the joist run in the wrong direction and i understand i cant cut through the joists. The regs say the max run for 40mm pipe is 3m can this be extended if i fit a AAV. Nothing else will be getting connected on this run apart from the bath also if i go up a pipe size i wont get the required fall

Sponsored Links
as we always say rules are there to be broken, fitting anti syphon traps will be a good idea other than that you'll be fine

if i put a AAV on the pipe that should stop the trap getting pulled also it should help with the draining

Sponsored Links
As long as you have 3-4 cm fall per metre pipe, it should be ok. Don't tell the pipe it's too long for it's size, and make sure you have rodding access just in case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back