Looking for a central heating flow meter to connect to boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been looking for a flow meter that can be connected to an open vented boiler to measure the flow rates. There seems to be not much in the domestic market. Looked at the expensive RS spares website and for a hydraulic flow meter 10-100 l/min they were priced at £447.00 each?

Could any heating engineer recommend something that can be put inline or detect the water flow rate along the main return pipe that is at a reasonable price.
Even a hall effect if I can read out the volts/ flow rate.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bernard

Could not believe the price for these mechanical devices, ok in industry but for a domestic CH system at home ouch.
Just wanted to get some idea of flow rates in my system for setting up with a new boiler and pump.
Would have liked to install one to keep tabs on flow rates but around the £360 price bracket will have to come up with something else or the miss's will want the money for hols.

Sponsored Links
It would be cheaper and more effective for you to arrange a heating engineer to sort it out

Hi Gaswizard

It was the heating engineer that put in the new boiler and left a seized isolation valve round the back of the 140 litre copper tank that had been used as a bypass valve. Still waiting for a certificate from the engineer that put the system in on the 21st December last year.

Just wanted to get some idea of flow rates in my system for setting up with a new boiler and pump.
That's a bit over the top. You normally only find that type of equipment in commercial installations.

An RGI would just rely on temperature differentials to balance a domestic system.

Thanks everybody

Have been looking hard on the internet to locate a flow meter that does not cost the earth and can be used up to 80* centigrade for hot water.
Also wanted the flow meter to set up my soft water system a Permutit timetronic 307 using tablet salt for regen as it does not have a flow meter built in just how many regens programmed in a week.

Located a Digiflow 6710M -66 that runs from 2.4 Litres/min - 60 Litres/min at £45.
May be not the most accurate sensor out there but good enough for my use and not over £400.
Let you know if it is any good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back