Looking for a firm for a substantial project in Manchester

Circuit Protective Conductor.

Ofter referred to as the earth wire

Sponsored Links
Thanks - why make language simple when a more complex description can be used :rolleyes: Bit like "hot water storage vessel" = "cylinder"

Because that is what it is.

It is NOT an earth wire, despite many people reffering to it as such.

Sponsored Links
Depends what it's connected to, if it is actually connected to anything at all.

I doubt it's a pushbutton for the door.. there's a security tab swipe plate above the break glass..
kind of defeats the object of having a secure area if you can walk in at the push of a button..

I was gonna apply for that antarctica research station... sounded like a larf..
18 months is a long time though.. don't know if you get 2 weeks off in barbados or something though..

I doubt it's a pushbutton for the door.. there's a security tab swipe plate above the break glass..
kind of defeats the object of having a secure area if you can walk in at the push of a button..
It's very common for doors into secured areas to be operated by a switch on the inside, i.e. for people leaving....

It depends on wether or not they are monitoring who is going in and out, if they are then the person must swipe to get out otherwise it can't be monitored who is in or out. ;)
If it is just to secure a door then a swipe on the outside and a press to release on the inside is viable.

Its actually just a boring light switch I'm afraid. Not sure why the CPC wasnt sleved and connected to the back box when that picture was taken, but I've just been to check it and its connected to the backbox now, so thats ok I guess? :)

We're on Trafford Park rather than over at the Media City development, but we're loosely involved with that project due to the massive amounts of Internet capacity we've bought into the area (they're the other side of the canal to us). They took us up to the 'viewing deck' the other day - mind boggles at the size of what they're doing there. £1bn I think they're spending!

It's very common for doors into secured areas to be operated by a switch on the inside, i.e. for people leaving....

then why have the security tag reader on the inside??? :?: :rolleyes:

If there is an exit switch, then you don't have a card reader on the inside.

With a card reader on both sides, you need to swipe the card to enter and leave the building. This can be set up with barriers instead of normal doors so that once you have entered, you can't use the card to enter again unless you have exited first.

This stops people entering, then passing the card to someone else who has 'lost' their card.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back