Looking for a good gas engineer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a good gas engineer to fix my Halstead Finest Gold Combi boiler. It has the safety lockout fault that seems so common - runs for a few mins then cuts out w safety lockout. Has to be powered off and on to restart. I had a couple of muppets come round to look at it. That's pretty much all they did - look at it, plus poke it a coupla times and then try to flog me a new boiler. But from this forum I reckon it's worth trying to fix it. It's 11 years old, but it's been really reliable up to now, and even the muppets said it looked it good nick.

So is there any Halstead gas engineer out there wants the job?

Sponsored Links
Halstead was bought by Dimplex and then apparently closed down!

Not many engineers like repairing Halstead boilers as they are sold cheaply and usually installed cheaply too!

If you wanted someone from the forum to consider repairing yours then you should put your postcode as London is a large place!

But after calling two people muppets you may find that few may want to help you!

I for example dont go anywhere "just to look" at anything. I only go to diagnose the fault and thats always a chargeable visit!

Tony

Thanks for your response, Tony, much appreciated. But I've found a guy now - just hope he's not another muppet! :)

Sponsored Links
In fairness its about the most common fault on these, takes minutes to fix....they must have been muppets.

( muppets ) did you pay them anything or are you a typical tight customer who expects folk to come out an diagnose a fault for free? So unless you paid em, there not "muppets" are they cause,? they have spent there diesel and time to have a look at one f**king sh**e boiler.

Get a grip, and buy a new one, that's my advise.

Think it's very harsh to call them muppets if they didn't know what was wrong with your boiler and didn't charge you I don't know what they have done wrong not every engineer knows everything (unlike some on here) :-p

Think it's very harsh to call them muppets if they didn't know what was wrong with your boiler and didn't charge you I don't know what they have done wrong not every engineer knows everything (unlike some on here) :-p

Perhaps they quickly realised that this was someone who was not expecting to pay for a repair and was just angling for a free diagnosis?

If that were the case they would not have told him whats wrong and stopped wasting their time and left!

sounds like faulty branding to me, if you get the branding replaced then I think everything should be sweet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back