Looking for experience

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Im new here, passed my Gas Installation Level 2 last year and still trying to find some one to work with for free of course in the Merseyside area, but I am willing to travel.

I have been ringing people for a while now and still no luck.

I have my own transport, clean licence and own tools, Im 35 and am available immediately

If you can help, then please get in touch

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why should anybody train you just so that you become competition in their area and that you can undercut them in an area where there is already too many engineers for too little work?

There must be about 5 posts every week someone looking to gain some experiance in gas,thats the problem with theses short courses,have you got in touch with your local council who might be willing to take you on,

But at 35 its going to be tough

35, haha, im only a spring chicken, it was a full 2 year course at the local college, though not a 6 week thing,

I just need to fill out job sheets, take photos of a few pieces of work etc, for installs of a water heater cooker and a 2 fire, and a bit of paper work, just so i can apply to do my ACS then im all done.

Sponsored Links
I just need to fill out job sheets, take photos of a few pieces of work etc, for installs of a water heater cooker and a 2 fire, and a bit of paper work, just so i can apply to do my ACS then im all done.

Exactly then you can let yourself loose to rip off the public when you are totally inexperienced.

Thats quite apart from undercutting the established local experienced engineers.

Tony

Exactly then you can let yourself loose to rip off the public when you are totally inexperienced.

Thats quite apart from undercutting the established local experienced engineers.

Tony

not quite with you on *ripping off the public*

yes im inexperienced, but i would have to work with a firm for a good number of years to get my experience first.

yes im inexperienced, but i would have to work with a firm for a good number of years to get my experience first.

If I was an old dear and you came round and told me I needed a new gas valve, charge me £250 and it did not fix the fault then I would say that I have been riped off.

You say you want to work for a firm for a number of years but that does not agree with

""" just so i can apply to do my ACS then im all done."""

That sounds as if you just want to complete your ACS asap and get registered so that you can do gas repair jobs!

As i say if any one can help with some positive feedback, i would be most grateful as we all have to start somewhere.

If I was an old dear and you came round and told me I needed a new gas valve, charge me £250 and it did not fix the fault then I would say that I have been riped off.

You say you want to work for a firm for a number of years but that does not agree with

That sounds as if you just want to complete your ACS asap and get registered so that you can do gas repair jobs!
You are an old dear!!

You are an old dear!!

hes old, clearly got no work as he posted at 3:04pm , clearly has a dislike of any new coming through, paranoid, and very rude to new poster who ask for help.

he thinks i am going to trade straight away, even though gas safe rules prevent this. but he knows that already, what a bitter man, to snap at someone straight away with their 1st post!!!!

hes not going on my christmas card list!!! humph

You are an old dear!!

hes old, clearly got no work as he posted at 3:04pm , clearly has a dislike of any new coming through, paranoid, and very rude to new poster who ask for help.

Aye, but we wouldn't have him any other way! ;)

Good luck, anyway. Hope you get something.

You are an old dear!!

Aye, but we wouldn't have him any other way! ;)

Good luck, anyway. Hope you get something.

hehe, i knew there were some nice people on here,

Thanks, im sure something will turn up :)

Same old spiel. He tars all new entrants with the same brush and its rather annoying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back