Looking for ideas for new drive partition please! Pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm currently digging up the grass area out the front to make way for a new drive.

It'll most likely be dug down to 30cm, type 1 then compacted and then I'll pop gravel grids in.

Now the hedge is the border with the neighbours.

I looked into a double skinned wall with 3 Piers but it was looking like over a grand and it would be blocking access to where the electric goes into the house anyway.

Other options would have been concrete edging which would probably be easiest, sleepers (upright) but can't be bothered to cut them up or a low fence?

What would you guys do? Any ideas? Looking to keep it DIY and cheap-ish.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20160310_104841.jpg
    20160310_104841.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 20160310_104825.jpg
    20160310_104825.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 138
Sponsored Links
Yeah it's an option but its not been cut for a long time and it's not ours to cut.

Agreed it would be more practical just to edging down but sleepers would also look nice, albeit more expensive.

Thanks for the replies.

Sponsored Links
I'd keep the hedge. just put in a kerb on your side of it. something nicer than a pin kerb, perhaps tegula kerbs or similar. Match them with a few bands of setts at the threshold

I'd go with the sleepers and cut them diffrent lengths and stand them up on their edge then you will get a modern quirky look like the picture attached granted its a plant bed but it gives you the idea I mean.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 123

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back