looping a light into an attic from bathroom light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi am looking for help putting a light in my attic. I know a small bit of electrical as I started an app in 2002 but never finished. Basically I want to loop off bathroom light but unsure about the switch wire. I looped mu live amd neutral off bathroom light to new ceiling rose in attic. Then I brought a live from lighy to new switch. But lost now as not as easy as I expected. Any help with were I should be putting new cables into old lights to loop. Don't want to get a sparky in as can't afford it. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Any help with were I should be putting new cables into old lights to loop.
//www.diynot.com/wiki/Electrics:Lighting

Don't want to get a sparky in as can't afford it.
In that case you must learn how what you want to fiddle with actually works. You need to genuinely understand it. It's not complicated, it won't take you long and it won't cost you anything. All of which are handy, as it's essential activity.

Please don't attempt electrical work by hoping to just follow instructions to put-this-wire-in-that-hole without actually knowing why - it's a very bad idea.

Sponsored Links
Hi am looking for help putting a light in my attic. I know a small bit of electrical as I started an app in 2002 but never finished. Basically I want to loop off bathroom light but unsure about the switch wire. I looped mu live amd neutral off bathroom light to new ceiling rose in attic. Then I brought a live from lighy to new switch. But lost now as not as easy as I expected. Any help with were I should be putting new cables into old lights to loop. Don't want to get a sparky in as can't afford it. Thanks in advance
A picture of the wiring at the bathroom light would help, or even a description. Be aware that not all lighting circuits are looped at the light nowadays, some loop from switch to switch instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back