Loose bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I recently noticed that a few rows of bricks beneath our window sill are loose. A few months back we had a new upvc door fitted. I think the door must have blown shut by the wind and the vibration caused the bricks to become loose.
The bricks won't fall out as they are held in with silicone sealant beneath the sill but they do move around a bit.

I considering re-pointing but I think if the door blows shut again then the shock will fracture the joints again.

Is there any way in which I can strengthen the wall to stop this from happening again? In the photo the top 4 rows are loose.

Cheers

BM

Sponsored Links
Those combi-frames are notorious for the wall loosening and cracking below the frame.

You wont fix it or cure it without rebuilding a stronger wall

May as well just leave it, repoint, or repoint in clear silicone and hope it does not get any worse

Best way to cure it is to knock the wall out, and rebuild it in timber. Timber flexes, bricks dont!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back