Lord Young

The thing with H&S laws these days is the way authorities are trying to make them impinge upon the general public.
Originally it was called the Health and Safety at Work act. Work being the operative word. Nowadays, Joe Public can't mow his own lawn without breaching some part of the law.
Wanna change a lightbulb in your own home?? Nah better do a risk assessment first, check the stepladder your using, inform your neighbours, have the fire brigade, ambulance on standby, make sure your wearing Snickers workwear, safety boots, hard hat and a hi viz vest. Oh nearly forgot, turn the bloody electric off first !!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Or get a Part P registered qualified electrician in to do it properly. ;)

Sponsored Links
I was given some posters to put up today stating,
'Equipment or procedures in this area could affect your pacemaker. If in doubt ask your supervisor'.

We repair electric motors and carry out various tasks/tests/duties where strong magnetic fields are often created. Anyone in this industry knows this and knows, if they have had a pacemaker fitted they can no longer continue in this trade.

So why the pointless posters? :eek:

Or get a Part P registered qualified electrician in to do it properly. ;)

What to change a lightbulb?? £30 call out charge and half hour at £50 an hour??

No thanks. I'll stick to my rickety stepladders with the missing rung, paint all over them and my trusty knife I use as a screwdriver (with a bit of sellotape round it to prevent shocks ;)) Whilst wearing my slippers.
Just to be on the safe side, I'll make sure I'm just out of the shower too. !!!
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Mind you, I better not have a shower due to the risk of Legionnaires disease. ;) ;) ;) ;)

The thing with H&S laws these days is the way authorities are trying to make them impinge upon the general public.

Originally it was called the Health and Safety at Work act.

!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

It was originally called; The Offices, Shops and Railway Premises Act. ;)

Sponsored Links
the original health and safety legislation was and still is for the workplace.. tell me its wrong..... i dont think so... how many lives and injuries saved....

Back