Lords Prayer Banned

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Church of England has branded UK cinemas "plain silly" after they refused to show adverts featuring the Lord's Prayer before films.

Personally I could do without watching anyone pray, but to ban an advert because it might offend!

I am sure some people would might choose to be offended by adverts for:

Bacon
Beer
Lingerie
Sex
Condoms
Meat
Animals

Add your choice... Are they going to ban all of these things or just those things that might offend a certain small minority?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps cinemas are complicit in the 'great take-over'.

Someone is paying big money for this ad to be shown in cinemas and for the ad to be produced. Who is doing that? Why are they doing that? Advertising works on brainwashing.

Sponsored Links
I know what you mean, joe.
I do my weekly shop in Tesco, Aldi, M&S, Waitrose, Morrison's, Asda and Sainsbury.

I travel there in either my Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai of Range Rover.

It's an expensive world we live in but, that's ok because it's all paid for using loans from Amiga, Wonga, Payday UK and my claims from all the falls, trips and accidents I've had in the last 3 years. Not forgetting my PPI refunds.

"However, the Digital Cinema Media (DCM) agency, which handles British film advertising for the major cinema chains, Odeon, Cineworld and Vue, refused to show the advert because it believed it would risk upsetting or offending audiences.

In a statement, DCM said it had a policy of not accepting political or religious advertising content in its cinemas."

Seems very wise to me.

There would be an uproar if it was an ad to attract Islam converts.

Sponsored Links
Back