Lost Hot Water Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our cold water tank in the loft has recently been run almost (if not completely) dry because our cold feed had to be turned off for a day. Since then the hot water pressure in the taps has significantly reduced. It's bearable in most taps but it has meant that the upstairs shower only works at bath level and not when mounted above head height. I'm wondering if this could be due to a partial blockage in the pipework between the tank and the hot water cylinder. Is this likely or is there some other explanation? There are no pumps in the system.

I have had a look in the tank itself and can see nothing blocking the outlets (of which there are 3)

I hope someone can advise on what's causing the problem and also to let me know how to resolve it.

Cheers

Ben

Sponsored Links
It is likely you have pulled in crud from the bottom of the tank partially blocking the cold feed to the tank. Try cleaning out the feed pipe by draining again and either blowing through or using something flexible. The problem is it could be a blockage anywhere between CWS tank and first split to hw taps (assuming all hw taps affected??). As a final resort you could connect the hw side to mains pressure and blow back into tank....just make sure your overflow is connected and have someone monitor the level in the cws tank to prevent overflows.

Thanks Powell30 for your response. I'll have a go at that this evening and let you know how i get on....

Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back