Lost keys for ford focus.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have lost the keys for my ford focus! i dont have a spare set!
apart from renewing the locks and ignition barrel is their anything else i can do?.
its a 2005 plate.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have you got young kids?

Check the bins if you have..

Have you got any info/paperwork for the car?

It maybe cheaper to get a full lock set from a scrapyard, but check at your main dealer first.

Nick.

i have the v5 registration document, we had a birthday party saturday night in the house (adults) havent seen the car keys since.
i am hoping someone has mistakenly picked them up and has not yet noticed.

meanwhile no car :cry:

I doubt getting the locks changed for a set from a breakers would be any cheaper, I know on some (if not all) cars the ECU would need to be changed aswell as this stores the imobilser info which is obviously linked to your missing key so you may need to change that too. Try a dealer for a replacement. You do realise that once you've got your new key the old key will magically re-appear! :evil:

Sponsored Links
You do realise that once you've got your new key the old key will magically re-appear! icon_twisted.gif

aint it always the case :confused: look at the money i am saving on fuel.........i suppose :rolleyes:

you might be able to claim off of your car insurance????give them a ring to see what they say(read your documents)

cheers gregers i was thinking along those lines, but i have to balance up losing my no claims.........i am still living in hope that they will re-materialise.. :( :)

Good news..........after contacting main dealers in my area "with no luck"
contemplating vandalising my car to get to the ignition barrel, called garages , locksmiths, all with no real quick fixes..............brainwave...........a longshot.............got the previous registered keepers details from v5 and tracked them to a town 5 miles from me...knocked door and enquired about the possibility of them still having a key for said vehicle.... :LOL: :LOL: they did.....oh happy days...am off to get a duplicate cut right now.

cheers guys.

if fords charge the same for the focus as they do for the galaxy then i doubt wether your excess will be more,to supply/cut/reprogram 1 key to a galaxy costs in the region of £180 AND THIS IS FOR 1 KEY,to change the locks etc i reckon will cost an awful lot more then that.phone up and ask.

Sponsored Links
Back