lost keys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, son gone on holiday for 2 weeks....

me " dont forget to leave your keys " im gonna change oil etc

errr cant find them !

how do i get a duplicate set of keys :?: do i need to take engine serial numbers to locksmith :?:

also hes gone and left both windows half open :!: is there a secret way of closing them manually :?: as its a remote central locking key

kids eh :cry:

make.. renault clio 1.2 3 door

cheers P M

Sponsored Links
email or text him and ask where the spare key is

a clio.............. set it alight and claim off the insurance :LOL:

Main dealer is the only place you'll get new keys, and that's as long as the locks havent been changed in the past. Usually they keep a record of the key number on the computer system, may also be a card or something with the number on it with the cars handbook if you're lucky!
You will probably need proof of ownership (log book) to order them, and will more than likely take a couple of days to get them

Sponsored Links
tough love

tough luck

if he's lost the keys he has to suffer for it

he won't learn if you solve the problems he causes himself by his irresponsibility.

Why not drain the oil and remove the filter, if you can get access to it, ready for when he comes home. You can probably do that without the keys.

Of course, if he drives off before you've refilled it with fresh oil (and fitted the new filter) he may not thank you for it.

Just trying to be helpful ...

if you can get the logbook go to the dealers they will cut key,need chassis number from log book,you may be able to get mobile lock smith,if its got fob on for central locking, can be as much as £130 but standard key without transponder built in about £10

Oh yes, a new fully functioning key for a Clio will set you back about £140 and will take a week to arrive as they come from France, allegedly. :(

Sponsored Links
Back