Lost Screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I stored a dining room table with the screws (as i thought) turns out i have lost them, is anyone able to advise what sort of screws i could expect to buy to replace them please?

Its a john lewis extending table.
Thanks
IMG_1739.jpg

Sponsored Links
That's difficult to answer without taking a very close look. If you know the model name etc, I'm guessing that John Lewis customer services might be able to help?
Do you have any other photos of the fixing points?

Sponsored Links
apologies, thought id dragged all the photos in!

Do these help?

Look like 6mm but we have no idea on length as we don’t know how they are used?

Yeah, as foxhole alludes to, we don't have much to go on. Can you remember what the screws looked like? My guess, based on other John Lewis tables, is that they're a 6mm allen head coach bolt, maybe 65mm?? Loooong shot! Ha!

I reckon 65mm is a reasonable guess. They would pass through that mounting plate [for want of a better word] into the threaded inserts. That plate looks like about 30-40mm thick, so another 20-30mm of thread into the inserts.
Offer up the top to the base, align the holes and poke something in to measure the depth.
Search eBay for "furniture bolts" and you will see loads of them. The trickiest bit will be getting the diameter right.

Been thinking on this one. If you never intend to dismantle the table again, you might want to consider glueing the thing together. There are some VERY strong tube adhesives on the market.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back