lots of wallpaper going spare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into a house recently where the previous owners were hoarders. The cupboard under the stairs was full of rolls of wallpaper. Most of them went to the tip, especially the opened ones or damaged etc but we have several rolls of some. Does anyone know if I can sell this? The rolls are wrapped but there is no name or label on them.

Sponsored Links
have you thought about donating to your local council for the benefit of people moving into homes with no money i.e ex homeless or single parents?

The council give them vouchers worth big money. Just see them in Wilko's loading their trolleys. Usually Roma Gypo's. This country is mental. :evil:

Sponsored Links
I've sold loads of odd rolls at boot sales and also given them to charity shops - some people just want enough to paper the cupboard under the stairs, porch etc.

Take it to a play group or primary school
Good idea, but they probably won't be allowed to take it nowadays for some H&S rule! :rolleyes:

have you thought about donating to your local council for the benefit of people moving into homes...
The council give them vouchers worth big money. Just see them in Wilko's loading their trolleys. Usually Roma Gypo's. :evil:
A disabled relative of mine had to give up her house and move into a ground floor council flat but did get vouchers from the council to redecorate the entire flat...£90 worth! Meanwhile the druggie family upstairs wreck their flat and are constantly having repairs done, all paid for by the council (us really). :mad:

This country is mental.
Never a truer word spoken!!

Sorry to vent my anger in your thread JiveFuzzy :oops:, but some cases are genuine.

I've sold loads of odd rolls at boot sales and also given them to charity shops - some people just want enough to paper the cupboard under the stairs, porch etc.

Take it to a play group or primary school
Good idea, but they probably won't be allowed to take it nowadays for some H&S rule! :rolleyes:

have you thought about donating to your local council for the benefit of people moving into homes...
The council give them vouchers worth big money. Just see them in Wilko's loading their trolleys. Usually Roma Gypo's. :evil:
A disabled relative of mine had to give up her house and move into a ground floor council flat but did get vouchers from the council to redecorate the entire flat...£90 worth! Meanwhile the druggie family upstairs wreck their flat and are constantly having repairs done, all paid for by the council (us really). :mad:

This country is mental.
Never a truer word spoken!!

Sorry to vent my anger in your thread JiveFuzzy :oops:, but some cases are genuine.
B

Trouble is when the labels have been removed they may not have a batch number so a bit risky I would have thought.

Dec

Trouble is when the labels have been removed they may not have a batch number so a bit risky I would have thought.

Dec

The previous owner used to work for Laura Ashley so it's a fairly good bet they were from there - prob the rolls without lables were an end of line or something. I've got 46 rolls of one green pattern. About 10 rolls of a red ...

Then there would be no way anyone could be sure that these wallcoverings contain the same batch numbers, I think to sell them on would be risky.

Dec

Crikey, I didn't expect you to have that many! :eek:

Dec is right in saying that there is no way of telling if they are from the same batch but you could still sell them if you explain the situation beforehand. 'Sold as seen' is the usual way of getting out of any comeback.
You could advertise them on ebay stating that they have no labels and that you can't guarantee they match and see what offers you get.

If it is the type of paper that can be used beneath a dado rail then you can often complete a wall with one roll and start a new roll for another wall. This means there would be no concern with pattern matching, only shading differences on sepeprate walls, which some people are willing to overlook.

Just make sure you are not handling stolen goods! ;)

Crikey, I didn't expect you to have that many! :eek:

Dec is right in saying that there is no way of telling if they are from the same batch but you could still sell them if you explain the situation beforehand. 'Sold as seen' is the usual way of getting out of any comeback.
You could advertise them on ebay stating that they have no labels and that you can't guarantee they match and see what offers you get.

If it is the type of paper that can be used beneath a dado rail then you can often complete a wall with one roll and start a new roll for another wall. This means there would be no concern with pattern matching, only shading differences on sepeprate walls, which some people are willing to overlook.

Just make sure you are not handling stolen goods! ;)

Haha, thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back