Low flow shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Sorry if a similar question has been posted before.
I have a Mira Essentials 10.8 electric shower which has been ok for the past year or so. Recently in order to get a decent temperature the cold/hot dial has to be at its maximum setting with the low/med/high dial on high at the expense of any decent output flow (pressure).
I experimented yesterday to see if there was any discernable difference (temperature wise)if I turned the low/med/high dial down to med and then low. On low the shower went cold as is expected, but on med the shower came up to the same temperature as the high setting. Which makes me think that the high setting is not working correctly. Is there a microswitch that activates for each setting? and will it be possible to replace it if this is the culprit.
Thanks for any advice
Ian. :?:

Sponsored Links
Two possible causes.
1. as you rightly ssupected this is controlled by a microswitch and this has failed.
2. the element supplied by this switch has failed.
A multimeter on Ohms will confirm both and if it under 12 months you may have a warranty claim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back