Low hot pressure after fitting monobloc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, after fitting a monobloc tap to a new vanity unit i am getting very low pressure from the hot supply,now i new i would lose some pressure after doing some homework ,but it as gone down to a near dribble. I have chec ked the isolator valve,fully open and thier are no twist in the flexi. The bath tap next to the unit gives plenty of pressure. The taps i have are the ones with a quarter turn (i got them with a previous unit that was to big)now could the taps be a problem ,ie am i using the correct type etc. Is thier anything i can do to improve or do we just live with it . Thanks

Sponsored Links
what do the taps state in the instructions as min pressure required ?
sounds like you have fitted hp taps to lp system.

Hi, The taps came with a vanity unit which turned out to be to big for the bathroom,decided to use the taps that came with it,No instuctions just a break down photo of parts .

i have just done quick measurement from the bottom olf my cold tank in the loft to the head of the tap(verticaly)and i get 1.5 metres. Am i correct in saying i have aprox 0.15 bar and would definetly need a low pressure monobloc tap. i have been searching trying to find monobloc taps for low pressure but not having much luck on info on taps. Does anyone know if any of the large diy chains stock low pressure monoblock taps .Thanks

Sponsored Links
diy stores are hopeless for low pressure taps.

depends what style you want but they are about.
ideal standard do quite a few.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back