low hot water pressure - shower mixer taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed mixer taps into a new flat, but the water pressure is too low for the mixer tap shower to work correctly. We cannot get an Electric show to the bathroom without taking apart half of the flat. The Hot water is supplied via an emmersion tank which is very small, so not suitable for a full power shower install.
Is there anyway of just boosting the hot water enough to get the water through at a reasonable rate(not power shower pressure)?, is there a smaller pump that can be installed?, I was thinking that a central heating type pump might work, but I would need a flow control switch - Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Have you supplied the cold water to the shower off the tank as it should not be mains fed.

Check and see. :D

The Cold is mains fed - as is all of the cold water supply in the flat, why does this make a difference ?

hammysploge said:
Just installed mixer taps into a new flat, but the water pressure is too low for the mixer tap shower to work correctly. We cannot get an Electric show to the bathroom without taking apart half of the flat. The Hot water is supplied via an emmersion tank which is very small, so not suitable for a full power shower install.
Is there anyway of just boosting the hot water enough to get the water through at a reasonable rate(not power shower pressure)?, is there a smaller pump that can be installed?, I was thinking that a central heating type pump might work, but I would need a flow control switch - Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back