Low hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D Hi all
I have recently moved my kitchen into a new room, about 15 feet further away from the origanal on the same level.
I have a loft water tank with a standard pump powered by a older potterson floor standing gas boiler.
the hot water pressure in the new kitchen is very low compared to the other rooms. It is feeding a new style mixer tap http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=48908&ts=05125
Is there a way of increasing the pressure that feeds the tap
:?:

Sponsored Links
i have had this problem before,most of these type of taps are made abroad for pressurised systems.the only thing you can do is replace the tap with one suitable for gravity systems( or fit a combi or unvented system).

Thanks for the reply
Is there no way that a pump just on the feed pipe to the tap would work maybe a shower pump:eek:

possibly, if you could find one with just a hot water connection as you cant run cold mains water through a pump(bye law 13).i think it would be easier to change the tap.

Sponsored Links
There's a bigger problem telling the wife that nice tap will have to go
I think I will look for a pump. :confused:
any ideas where to start
thanks for the help anyway ;)

try your local plumbing or bathroom merchants,all the ones i have seen in b+q etc. have a connection for hot and cold as both supplies to a shower with booster should come from a tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back