Low inlet gas pressure - Worcester Greenstar 42CDI bolier

If you have a cooker and a gas fire at the property and your supply pipe is longer than approx 6Mtrs excluding bends in 22mm it is too small for this boiler to work properly. The boiler takes 4.4M3/h at max working pressure so a min 28mm pipe over more than approx 6mtrs would be required. You need a minimum of 18mbar pressure with the burner on full regards chrisey

Sponsored Links
Bambergaspipe wrote

I still would have knew it was the incoming main after changing the regulator.
(what a huge dick).

I doubt that very much. :(
I pity your customers. :rolleyes:

Calm down chaps! Anyway... quick update: the gas fitter came back round and said the same as Gasguru, ie that the standing pressure doesn't mean anything

It does if it reads less than 20-25mbar. :rolleyes:

and that I should be entitled to use my (large) domestic boiler. The plan of action is to get Transco back round to test the working gas pressure (which should be minimum 19mbar) with the boiler running full power -

19mbar, thanks I was unaware of that. :rolleyes:

I assume he will be taking into consideration any other appliances.

the cooker is old and is being disconnected anyway so they'll have to test it on the boiler. Then they'll have to blow out the pipe or failing that, lay a new one at their cost as I understand it.

Well, keep us up to date over here & Good luck. ;)

Sponsored Links
Bambergaspipe said:
The only way I will know that there is a problem with the incoming main, is after fitting the new governor, the problem persists. Then again, it`s not my job. .
Is it just me or has the OP stated that Transco have changed the governor?

FatGit said:
Bambergaspipe said:
The only way I will know that there is a problem with the incoming main, is after fitting the new governor, the problem persists. Then again, it`s not my job. .

Is it just me or has the OP stated that Transco have changed the governor?

It`s just you Fat Boy. ;)

It always is :LOL:

But not this time.

The governor was replaced by Transco but this didn't seem to help.
Last post on page 1 of this thread. ;)

Bambergaspipe said:
FatGit said:
It always is :LOL:

But not this time.

The governor was replaced by Transco but this didn't seem to help.
Last post on page 1 of this thread. ;)

Why ask? you`ve had your ten seconds, now F** off. :rolleyes:
What's your problem?
You said that you would want the governor changed and it has been.
Don't you like being proved wrong?
Are you going to pick up your toys yourself or do we have to put them back in your pram for you?

I've had several problems like this NG have replaced service each time foc.

Strangest one was a spilt service pipe under customers front garden. Been there for 10 years since house was built and nobady hapicked it up before. Customer commented that he had always had a 1M square patch of grass that had never grown properly. This was over the gas leak :eek:

Are you still doing gas work without being CORGI Bamber?

What's your problem?
You said that you would want the governor changed and it has been.
Don't you like being proved wrong?
Are you going to pick up your toys yourself or do we have to put them back in your pram for you?

I don`t have one, unless it`s with the slime like you, trawling over the remnants of a long past debate, only sniding in when the major players have finished. If you are that brave why didn`t you voice your opinion when it was all going off. You don`t have one. You make me sick. Enjoy the last few moments I have decided to grant you. They will be your last.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back