low power downlight recomendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am after your suggestions for low power downights, (both the wife and the layout of the room prescribe downights)

i see there are different solutions such as led, cfl etc but i am really after the most efective replacement for the heat and running cost.

Many thanks

P.s I prefer the blue/white of a light rather than the softer yellow type.

Sponsored Links
Definatly go with CFL if you want to be able to actually see anything.

LEDs are fine for decoration, but absoloutly rubbish at actually lighting a room.

If you opt for CFL's then choose a lamp rated at 4000k (cool white) for a like closer to your liking.

I have megaman "warmwhite 3000k" in my bathroom, but compared to halogen, the light is much cleaner and crisper, much more bluey white. I dont think I'd like the coolwhite ones. IMO not suited to domestic, but some people do like them.

Sponsored Links
I have megaman "warmwhite 3000k" in my bathroom, but compared to halogen, the light is much cleaner and crisper, much more bluey white. I dont think I'd like the coolwhite ones. IMO not suited to domestic, but some people do like them.

P.s I prefer the blue/white of a light rather than the softer yellow type.

Not my choice either Steve, I prefer 2700k though obviously it's not suited to the OP.

Interesting, isn't it, that the colour temperature of overcast daylight is 6500K...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back