Low Powered Electric Shower Info

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to have an electric shower fitted. My understanding is that for a regular power (7.5-10 kw) unit, I would need a direct feed from my consumer unit. I live in a flat (solid floors & no loft) and don't want the hastle of running the supply from one end of place to the other.
I've been told of a low powered shower unit that can be wired from a ring main. I've looked in a couple of DIY stores and seached the 'net, but can't find anything like that. Any-one know if there's any such thing out there?
(I understand that it'd be a pretty feeble shower)
Rgds

Sponsored Links
you can use a power shower (takes it's water from the hot water system and is essentially a glorified pump).
You need the advice of a plumber in installing it as these things mey have complications depending of your water system

The only other option is an electric shower in a flat - bit of a nightmare.

you could have one of these

as you mentioned a good all electric shower uses 7-10kw, you cant get that from a ring main, anything smaller and you end up with as i suggested

you may also need to have your consumers unit uprated, or another one installed, neither of which are a diy job :cry:

breezer said:
you could have one of these
Only thing i'd say with that unit, is 7 Litres enough for a shower as you'd have to wait another 8 mins to warm the tank again and would there be problems getting a showerhead attachment to fit? The height you'd need to fit it may also be a problem as you need to be able to reach the inbuilt tap

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back